<h1>My Mount Kinabalu Mountain Guides</h1>
I have personally hand picked some of the best Mountain Guides to join my team! They are mostly natives to Kundasang, a town just beside Mount Kinabalu. These natives are known as “Dusun” and their life and culture is simple, friendly and welcoming. The modern natives of Mt Kinabalu live in foothills and valleys whereby majority of their families earn their living through farming and selling vegetables from their land, builders at construction sites, simple jobs in shops, resorts, plantations and vegetable markets. Many have also gone to find better opportunity in Kota Kinabalu city, whereby I have so often heard that the elders from the city still sends money to their families and relatives in Kundasang!
Amazingly, there are some of those whom are destined to stay with their closely knitted families in Kundasang, thrive to make a difference as Porters and Mountain Guides of Mount Kinabalu! Over the years, I have been able to befriend many of them, gaining their trust and support while offering my climbers safer and steadier climbs with their help as Mountain Guides.
Mountain Guides of Kinabalu
Why Choose Our Mountain Guides?
1. Now, these Mountain Guides are not your usual tour guide! They are experienced and strong porters, able to single handedly carry many of your backpacks and belongings and even port injured climbers down to safety on their backs! Not the best job in the world, but I have only seen a handful of truly committed Mountain Guides and Porters. Knowing what’s best for my climbers, I have choosen only truly committed ones to join my trusted team of Mountain Guides.
2. Climbing and guiding less experienced climbers to experience the best of Mount Kinabalu is never a talent, however it involves frequent training, physical strength, stamina, experience of route and local weather, discipline, dedication, team spirit, personal sacrifices and sometimes a good sense of humour.
3. My Mountain Guides are choosen only through strong recommendation. And those new in my team never climb without my supervision and will be tested before joining the ranks!
4. We are a team that believes in teamwork, safety of all climbers and most importantly, everyone’s climbing attitude. Yes, you heard it right, its ATTITUDE, not altitude!
5. I have personally trained every Mountain Guide on my team to be the best in what they are, therefore I only expect quality guided climbs from each of them!
6. Most of them can understand and speak simple English and they can tell you a lot about Mount Kinabalu and Sabah.
7. You asked for a safe yet motivating climb, so here we are. Every climb is a positive journey for us!
8. We have helped many experienced and non-experienced climbers in big teams and small teams in climbing Mount Kinabalu.
9. We are committed to having you back and confident that you will climb again with us if you wish to!
10. You are supporting locals and giving them an opportunity means everything to them!
Mountain Guides of Mount Kinabalu
Thumbs up to those who have conquered Mt Kinabalu! Anyone can climb and reach the Peak of Mount Kinabalu as long they have the perseverance, patience, and the willpower to challenge the impossible! If we have done it so many times, so can you!